This unit has assessed engineering principles applicable to industrial and hazardous waste management. Steps were evaluated for an adsorption system design using engineering principles and presenting engineering calculations for waste treatment.
The steps in the lesson were accomplished by the required reading of an article describing laboratory adsorption tests for lead and zinc removal. The lesson used the article’s data combined with engineering principles to design a prototype lead treatment system, and a required article presented a novel method for reducing leather tanning waste.
For this assignment, prepare a PowerPoint presentation that assesses engineering principles applicable to industrial and hazardous waste management by evaluating steps for an adsorption system design using engineering principles and presenting engineering calculations for waste treatment.
Specifically, address the following items in your PowerPoint presentation.
- Provide a title and introduction.
- Summarize the Durga, Ramesh, Rose, and Muralidharan Required Unit Resources article.
- List the steps required for the design of a prototype adsorption system.
- From Required Unit Resources, use the Yusuff and Olateju article’s equation (7) for the Radke-Prausnitz isotherm to evaluate me for a Ce lead concentration of 10 mg/L. Show your calculation.
- Explain how your value of QE determined from the equation compares to the value in Yusuff and Olateju’s article exhibit 10a. Do you think there is an error in the equation? Explain.
- In the unit lesson, if the prototype’s wastewater flow is 500 gpd instead of 100 gpd and the influent lead concentration is still 10 mg/L, what would be the lead inflow rate in units of grams per day? Show your calculation.
- Provide a summary of your PowerPoint information.
Your PowerPoint presentation must be at least 15 slides in length with a title slide and reference slide (title and reference slides do not count toward the minimum slide count). You should utilize at least the two Required Unit Resources: the Durga et al. and the Yusuff and Olateju articles. Ensure you refer to the unit lesson as you are creating your PowerPoint presentation.
Please adhere to APA Style when creating citations and references for this assignment. Do not include slide notes in your presentation. Be sure to use fonts that are large enough to view from a distance. This includes any fonts within the images that you use. Be sure to cite and reference all information and images.