This activity is an opportunity for you to closely examine a contemporary policy issue between the state of Texas and the United States federal government. Over its history, the Texas government has had many conflicts with the national government as part of the dynamics under a federal system of governance (federalism).
Your task will be to prepare a formal research paper regarding the policy following the proposal paper (attached below): Environmental policy and air pollution. The assignment must have in-text citations for your research (the cover page and reference page does not count towards the three pages). The essay is to discuss each of the following prompts:
- An introduction and a brief overview of the policy relationship.
- What are the major issues facing each level of government?
- What are the reasons for initiating changes to the policy?
- What are the options to be considered (discuss several)?
- What are the pros and cons of each potential reform (costs v. benefits)?
- Which is the best option moving forward (pick one)?
- A summary and conclusion
Essay format must be: single-spaced, 12pt font, Times New Roman
Please see attached file for the proposal paper. You must ONLY use the following pdf files attached for research to write the essay.