Discussion 1 : ( in 3 paragraphs) you don’t need the attachment for this part
- In what ways do caregiving routines (in general) support cognitive development in infants and toddlers?
- Expand upon this general response, by providing at least 3 specific examples of caregiving routines that take place in an infant and toddler care environment. How does each support cognitive development? At least one of your examples should specifically address the needs of toddlers.
Part 2: ( on a separate file preferably )
- Print out 2 copies of the file attached. If you don’t have access to a printer, you can draw and color these shapes on separate pieces of paper.
- Cut out the geometric shapes. Be sure to keep the pieces from each page separate. You should have 2 complete sets of pieces.
- Try to reassemble the pieces to form each of the pictures below. Once you have successfully assembled each challenge, take a picture of your work.
- Upload your photos to this page for review.
- Then, respond to and upload the following reflections questions (less than 1 page is fine):
- How did this process feel? What, if anything, caused you some frustration?
- As you practiced, did the process get easier? If so, why or why not?
- Describe some spatial relations-related activities that infants and toddlers experience on a daily basis that they might find frustrating at first?
- Do you think care teachers can help infants and toddlers develop/improve spatial relations? Explain your response with specific examples illustrating why this is or is not possible.