Learning Questions of Module-5
- What issues are covered in research ethics?
- The goal of “no harm” for all research activities and what constitutes ‘no harm’ for the participant, researcher, and research sponsor.
- Understand ethically and socially responsible behaviors.
- The differing ethical dilemmas and responsibilities of researcher, sponsor, and research assistants.
- The role of ethical codes of conduct in professional associations.
- Decide the ethical considerations in their area of study.
- Know the terminology related to research and research planning
- Assignment-2 covers Modules 5&6
- Your assignment is required to be four to five pages in length, which does not include the title page and reference pages, which are never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles from the textbook, and at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles. Use the Saudi Digital Library to find your resources.
- follow APA style guidelines.
Learning Questions of Module-6
- Carefully read the attached article and answer the questions:
Chiguvi D. and Guruwo P.T. (2017), Impact of Customer Satisfaction on Customer Loyalty in the Banking Sector, International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Research, Volume 5; Issue 2; February 2017; p 55-63.
- Assignment Questions:
- Identify the key concepts discussed in the article. (1 Mark)
- Clarify the principal theories underlying the research. (1 Mark)
- Compare Theories with hypotheses. Write the principal research hypothesis tested by the authors. Clarify its format. (1.5)
- Consider the following model: (1.5)
- Before collecting data, the authors would have obtained informed consent from participants. Take this survey as an example and explain how you should implement informed-consent procedures (2 Marks).
- Identify the independent variables.
- Specify the type of the variable Customer loyalty.
- Identify at least two relationships highlighted in the model.